Update: July 17, 2007
Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/
and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.
Evening Quickies, 2007-05-07
Monday, May 07, 2007 - reddit
Topics: Film, Television, Joost, Babylon 5
- TV Squad looks at the upfronts (where networks announce their fall schedules and advertisers buy commercial space). The only thing worth saying is that a mid-grade failure like 30 Rock survived over this years best drama, Studio 60. Pathetic.
- Retired cops "protecting" the set of The Sheild think threats, extortion, and bribery are cool beans.
- NBC's The Medium will live for another year. Fact: Studio 60 which will not surivive has higher ratings than Medium.
- WCBS, the guys who just fired Don Imus for saying naughty words, are celebrating the 30th anniversery of the "Sun of Sam" murders by interviewing the psycho.
- IGN with new images from Nancy Drew, Iron Man, and remastered TOS.
- If Sanctuary is the first real TV series produced only for web consumption, then I suppose The Internet Killer is the first film.
- Sony is already considering replacements for Kirsten Dunst if she own't play ball for Spider-Man 4.
- Babylon 5 is coming to Joost via a deal with Warner Brothers. No first-run shows yet, though.
- An insiders book on the production of Spider-Man 3 from producer Grant Curtis.
- Mike Meyers wants to do more Austin Powers.
- Bruce Campbell's flick My Name is Bruce will get a limited theatrical release before hitting DVD.
- TV Bloggin is going on a bit of a hiatus while its sole blogger Todd Epp shirks the site for his real job. I welcome any and all become regular visitors here while Todd goes and earns his millions fighting Internet crime.
- Win a private screening of Transformers from this site.
- The Sci Fi Channel is continuing its trend of not showing any science fiction, this time it's a block of anime from 11pm-1am EDT on Mondays.
- Yet another Sci Fi/horror film in the Bermuda Triangle.
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS
, or get daily emails: