Update: July 17, 2007
Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/
and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.
SG-1 Alumna Bring us 'Sanctuary'
Thursday, May 03, 2007 - reddit
With Stargate SG-1 entering the second half of its final season, the producers and some of the cast have been quietly working on a new series called Sanctuary (site), one that will air only on Internet for the time being.
Don't let the fact that it has an Internet-only distribution venue throw you off, this is far from an amateur production. Sanctuary figures to be the highest quality television-like content ever created for the Internet, and they've recently posted a five minute video preview, with the first two 'episodes' to come on the 14th of this month.
It looks as though while the first few episodes will be free, the rest will be pay-per-view only, which pretty much means nobody is going to watch it. Too bad, it looks really interesting. Here is the premise, from Wiki:
Amanda Tapping stars as 157 year old Dr. Helen Magnus, one of the first female doctors in the Royal College during Victorian England. She was engaged to Jack the Ripper, and also has a daughter by him, Ashley. However, Ashley does not yet know that Jack is her father. Dr. Magnus's father started a sanctuary for supernatural creatures, collected from all over the world. In her work with these creatures, Dr. Magnus has acquired her great longevity.
Topics: Film, Television, Sactuary, Harry Potter, Studio 60, Sandra Bullock, Oprah, Vin Diesel, Paris Hilton
- A&E is doing a viewers-choice marathon for The Sopranos.
- CW cancels Gilmore Girls.
- David Yates will be back to direct Potter 6.
- Amanda Peet thinks Studio 60 didn't get a fair shake because of its star power in front of and behind the camera. I agree, nothing can live up to that kind of hype.
- What is more terrifying than Hellraiser? Hollywood's phobia of producing original material. (remake)
- Sandra Bullock is filing a restraining order against a crazy homeless stalker woman, because that always works.
- Oprah wants Chris Hansen's job because it's so incredibly important that it's all she wants to do now...starting in 2012.
- Jane Fonda desperately wants attention.
- New picture gallery of Babylon A.D., a film where Vin Diesel's ego caused his director to have a nervous breakdown.
- Paris Hilton is going to jail.
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS
, or get daily emails:
Got something to say? . Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.