TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

Ron Moore writing 'I, Robot' sequel


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

There was a big shindig in Hollywood recently that sounded like a giant press junket for the upcoming Battlestar Galactica TV movie, which is kind of an overreaction for something that small, but there were some interesting bits of information that came out in interviews with Moore, such as what his next few projects might be.

I'm actually a bit bummed here, Moore claims that he's working on THE THING for Universal. I've had it in the back of my mind to write a treatment for a series based on that property as it's one of my favorite films of all time, and I thought it could work reasonably well since they haven't been able to get another film off the ground for quite a while now. No one else seemed interested, and I was really looking forward to doing that at some point. With Moore working on a feature, that pretty much rules that out for a while.

Oh well, the big news of the day was that Moore has written a first draft script for a sequel to I, Robot. That's awesome news, not that the first feature was bad, only that Ron Moore is a better writer than Akiva Goldsman is. Unfortunately, Moore wouldn't talk about either project beyond the fact that he's doing scripts as part of his development deal with Universal.

Both video interviews are available at collider.

Topics: , , , ,
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.