TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

Denis Leary on the new season of 'Rescume Me'


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

Rescue Me
I was expecting an interview with Denis Leary when I followed a link to this article on TV Guide's site, but instead I found an article written by Leary himself, talking about some of the things they have planned for the new season.

First, I've only seen maybe half a season worth of Rescue Me before, and I thoroughly enjoyed what I did see, but it just wasn't enough to make me want to come back for more. Leary is a talented actor, a pretty fine writer, and he made a hell of a show for FX, but it never quite seemed to live up to the preseason hype. It seemed to me, from the portion that I saw, that it quickly fell into a typical melodrama soap style, not the kind of thing I tend to watch.

That said, the way Leary started off his TV Guide feature once again managed to catch my interest, will it do the same for you?

Writes Leary, "This season on Rescue Me, everybody dies. In the third episode, the entire cast gets killed, and then a whole new cast comes in."

Yeah, it was a sucker opening, wasn't it?

Actually, my character, Tommy Gavin, makes it through the fire he was trapped in at the end of last season. He goes through a midlife crisis because he's got a new baby. While he's taking care of the kid, Tommy becomes "pu--yfied" — that's what we're calling it. He starts to watch Oprah and listen to Dr. Laura on the radio, and he's having problems performing in the bedroom. Basically, everything's going wrong.

That's what bugged me the first time around, it seemed like he was perpetually stuck in a midlife crisis, and I'm not really interested in seeing someone struggle with that. A lot of people are though, because it gets the viewers and it gets the critical acclaim, just not mine.

However, there is a glimmer of hope for people like myself.

"And if that doesn't work", Leary wrote, "we're killing everybody off." Read the whole thing at TV Guide.

Topics: , ,
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.