Update: July 17, 2007
Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/
and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.
More Star Wars? Thanks, I'll take two.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - reddit
There is an interesting bit of news today that George Lucas has plans to make another two feature films set in the Star Wars universe, but won't revolve around familiar characters. Oddly enough, it looks like FOX News got the scoop on us all. For shame.
Lucas thought Spider-Man 3 was very silly, and critics seem to agree. Or maybe he's just jealous that his prequels didn't get this kind of attention.
Despite the Star Wars blip, there is other news today not revolving around those two stories. Warner Brothers is going to allow movie downloads in Hong Kong, the den of piracy. IGN has a new trailer for Elisha Cuthbert's Captivity, and FX has nabbed the television rights to Spider-Man 3 for a hefty $30 million or more, starting in 2009.
Topics: Television, Film, Star Wars, George Lucas, Captivity, Tim Roth, Paris Hilton, Sam Raimi, The Hobbit, Gilmore Girls
- Tim Roth will play "Abomination", opposite Edward Norton's Bruce Banner/Hulk a new remake of The Incredible Hulk (newer than 2003.)
- TV Guide interviewed Brittany Hatch of America's Next Top Model, and she thinks the show is a farce. I think she's right.
- Harry of AICN interviewed Francis Ford Coppola.
- NBC has killed three straight shows by placing them in the Monday 10PM time slot: Studio 60, The Black Donnellys, and now The Real Wedding Crashers.
- Paris Hilton is getting death threats from her about-to-be fellow prisoners...on her MySpace page.
- Firstshowing has what looks to be a fantastic feature on writer/director Sam Raimi.
- The Gilmore Girls is ending because Lauren Graham and Alexis Bidel wanted too much money, now they'll get nothing.
- Rumor: For The Hobbit director: Peter Jackson in. Wait -- Sam Raimi in, Jackson out. Hold on..Sam Raimi out, Peter Weir in?
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS
, or get daily emails:
Got something to say? . Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.