Update: July 17, 2007
Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/
and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.
Mixed news for NBC ratings; JLH sued by her manager
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - reddit
According to Variety, NBC is hitting new all-time lows in ratings while FOX continues to dominate everyone and everything. Not really a surprise, they only have a couple of good shows worth watching, and one of those has been jerked around beyond any measure of reason and will only come to finish out its first and probably only season in late May.
Even the return of rookie hit "Heroes" didn't budge the Nielsen needle for the Peacock, as the net matched its all-time lowest demo average -- settling for less than half of Fox's score. NBC claimed just two of the week's top 20 programs in adults 18-49.
NBC deserves everything it gets for screwing with shows like Studio 60, as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise, they simply need to step up their game and get more pilots on the air, pronto.
Here is the late night news.
Topics: Film, Television, News, NBC, 24, Spider-Man 3, Joost, Jennifer Love Hewitt
- IGN and their horrid fullscreen ad's hardly deserve linkage for the news that 24 producers are considering changes for season 7. I suggest focusing on their main character and not a static boring object like CTU. CTU as a vehicle for telling Jack Baure stories was played out after season 2, honestly. Time to move on to greener locales.
- Spdier-Man 3 is setting box office records in Asia, which isn't terribly hard to do.
- Joost is going to offer CNN. Yeah, call me when they offer Heroes and 24 (same timeslot) for viewing whenever I feel like it.
- IGN is spreading the same tired rumors about Spider-Man 4. Will they or won't they? Who cares. When Sony decides, it's not like they'll keep it secret.
- More video interviews from the cast and producers of SM3.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt is being sued by her manager.
- You can now go to jail for filming movies in the theater in New York city, as if there aren't better things to do in the world.
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS
, or get daily emails:
Got something to say? . Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.