TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

Digg for Blogs


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

I've joined a new site called Blogg-Buzz this morning which is virtually identical to Digg, except voting and story submissions are closed to the public -- you have to be a blogger to do either of those things.

In a way, I suppose this is more like a futures market than Digg. You don't want the public speculating about the future value of oil because they don't have the first clue what's actually going on within the industry, so why not let the pro's decide what's hot and what's not in the blogosphere?

There aren't anywhere near as many bloggers as there are readers, that's why. I'm not sure it'll be worth much unless or until it opens to the public, at least for voting. We'll have to wait and see what they do.

I did ask them a question about story submissions, specifically if submitting your own stories on a regular basis was taboo or not, and the answer wasn't terribly helpful.

Also please vote for other bloggers stories too, instead of just submitting stories from your blog.

I didn't ask if it was okay to only submit my own content, only if it was wrong to submit my own regularly as I do with Digg. My question having been unanswered, I'll just have to try it out and see what happens.

My thought is that with this being a new site, it could become quite large quite fast. Now is the best time to become established within a budding community like this if it comes to prominence. Then again, it may not, and it could be a waste of time.

Right now it looks very inactive. The top vote-getting post on the front page only has 10 votes and is 3 days old. Depending on when they opened, that's either fine, or really bad.

Again, I'll just have to wait and see.

Topics: , , , , ,
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.