Update: July 17, 2007
Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/
and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.
Are People Watching Less TV?
Thursday, May 10, 2007 - reddit
Lost is down, American Idol and Heroes are down. Law & Order may not be coming back. Only one program out of ten between 8-10PM gained in overall viewers from the previous week. Is there an industry-wide trend of people watching less television? Maybe an infusion of new shows is exactly what the doctor ordered.
Apparently though, comedies are bad for your heart. Enjoying early good news is Entourage which will only take a two week break between seasons, returning to the air on June 17th. CBS isn't feeling the love though, with Katie Couric's newscast exploring new depths of failure.
There are no decent lead-in stories this afternoon, though Lindsay Lohan refuses to stop invading my feed reader. Skim the quickies to find out why.
Topics: Television, Film, Heroes, Lindsay Lohan, eBay, Rush Hour 3, 28 Weeks Later, Transformers, Captain Marvel, Matt Stone, Trey Parker
- NBC is producing an original series of eight videos (online only) on the production of Heroes, coming May 21st.
- Nancy Grace might be replacing Rosie O'Donnell on The View.
- Jane Fonda is really letting Lindsay Lohan have it these days.
- Australia is spending $10 million to fight a $10 billion dollar problem.
- The winner of a $10 million eBay auction for the General Lee doesn't actually have $10 million dollars -- is grounded by parents.
- Rush Hour 3 may be funny, but is it worth $200+ million to produce?
- IGN has part two of a feature from the set of 28 Weeks Later, which is getting solid reviews.
- New high-res stills from Transformers.
- Speaking of Lohan, she's pretty annoyed at having gotten caught doing illegal narcotics in a bathroom -- three weeks out of 'rehab'.
- The Weinstein's will do an animated flick about aliens trying to escape from Area 51.
- The Rock may play Captain Marvel in John August's Shazam!. Couldn't they have come up with a better title than that?
- Matt Stone and Trey Parker doing a PG flick for Nickelodeon? Huh?
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS
, or get daily emails:
Got something to say? . Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.