TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

Laura Dern talks Jurassic Park 4


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

A writer for collider.com -- a site I am not familiar with -- scored an interview with actress Laura Dern at a press junket for Dern's new film Year of the Dog. Apparently she has been in contact with Director Steven Spielberg and believes that the wheels have been set in motion for the pre-production of Jurassic Park IV. Depending on how you look at it, this could go either way in terms of good news or bad news.

The first film was outstanding, while the second and third were not terribly good. It could be that the first film succeeded because it was based on the book by Michael Crichton, somebody with a well established career as a noveilst. The other two films on the other hand, I think they were based on the characters in name only.

Anyway, here's what Dern actually said, and mind you this is very vague to begin with and this kind of speak happens all the time in the business.

I'm told its happening and I'm told they're calling me. I'm told that Ellie Sattler is involved in it. ... I think within the year. I think they want to release it in 2008.

If Crichton is in on this in some way, then I'm all for it, but I'm not holding my breath for a film as good as the first unless that happens. There was magic in that book that carried over perfectly to the film under Spielberg's hand. Without the story, there is no movie. Check out the dig at collider.

Other posts from this blog: , , , ,
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Apr 7, 2007, 11:33:00 PM
Why call yourself BITCH?

Only your enemies and select family members can give you that nick-name. You have to earn it by driving innocent girls to cry and generous guys to regret meeting you. Intellectually, it's the only thing I'm any good at.

www.ruthieBlackNaked.blogspot.com


Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.