Update: July 17, 2007
Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/
and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.
Alien vs. Predator 2 Shots
Monday, April 23, 2007 - reddit
I wanted to theme this post out a little bit by posting some shots from Alien vs. Predator 2 (comingsoon.net) and some new picture of Venom that somebody snagged at their local Wal-Mart, but that post has disappeared since it showed up in my feed reader last night. And by disappeared I mean it was deleted.
Alien vs. Predator: Survival of the Fittest is the upcoming sequel to 2004's Alien vs. Predator film. In this follow-up to the worldwide hit Alien vs. Predator, the iconic monsters from two of the scariest film franchises ever, wage war in an American Midwestern town - with the residents caught in the middle.
Filming began in September 2006 in Vancouver. Tom Woodruff, Jr. and Alec Gillis from Amalgamated Dynamics (ADI), veterans of the first AVP and all the previous ALIEN sequels, will be handling the creature FX for the encore film as they did for the previous installments.
World-wide hit, not so much. Laughable kill fest with no plot, meant to get off action aficionados who don't care about and probably have never seen the original film...yeah. Alien 3 and 4 along with AVP are -- pardon my crude language -- jerk fests for film makers who want to screw around in someone else's universe. Not only do they bare no resemblance to the iconic features they are raping, they aren't even good movies.
I really wish whatever studio owns the rights to both these "franchises" didn't actually own them both. That's the only reason you see a crossover like this, is because the studio owns them both and can do whatever they want.
Don't get me wrong, AVP was pretty entertaining, but you know what else is pretty entertaining? Pterodactyl porn. That doesn't make it a good film or an idea worth pursuing.
Other posts from this blog: Entertainment, Film, News
- Spider-Man 3 interviews, care of comingsoon.net: Sam Raimi, Toby Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Topher Grace, Bryce Dallas Howard (more). Noticeably missing are writers Ivan Raimi and Alvin Sargent. That makes sense because who needs a script, right?
- Everyone and their mother has a link to the new international Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix trailer, so I'll just link you up to the source.
- AICN has a review up of 28 Weeks Later, sequel to the very cool zombie flick 28 Days Later. This is based on what looks to be a test screening, meaning not everything in the review is gauaranteed to make it into the final cut. Also, and this should go without saying, there are bound to be significant spoilers in there. I don't read spoilers 'case me hates them! Yee have been forewarned.
- Spoiled brat Lindsay Lohan apparently has dropped out of a film about Dylan Thomas because they wouldn't pay her enough money; Sienna Miller is taken on the role. This marks the third film in the last year that Lohan had plans for that she has renegged on. My little bit of advice for Lindsay: you can't pretend to be an actress if you won't act.
- Also from AICN, a supposed test-shot of Heath Ledger as The Joker from upcoming Batman sequel The Dark Knight.
- A filmmaker who was murdered in New York by a "construction worker who tried to make it look like a suicide" (no other information available) just won an award at a Flordia film festival. Congratulations to Adrienne Shelly, I guess. Weird shit-o-meter: 6.
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS
, or get daily emails:
Got something to say? . Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.