TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

Paris Hilton: I’m serious about acting


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

Quoth the heiress:

"I'm serious about acting and I have a bunch of movies lined up," the partying Heiress told Hello! magazine. She has even been reading the thespian book: "The Power of the Actor." "I think I can become a good actress," Hilton explained. "It's something I want to prove to myself and to other people. I feel I'm getting better and feeling more confident about what I can do as an actress."

I'm really glad Paris is serious, but now she must prove it by going to school and learning how it is actually done. There is a huge difference between taking cameos because you're famous, and putting an entire film on your shoulders and becoming different people with different emotions on a moments notice. The people she is competing against have been studying their craft all their lives, spending years in drama classes and honing their talents in theater, and absolutely love what they are doing and would never do anything else.

Most of them don't get to cherry pick projects that they think are fun or will be light on work but still get their face on the screen. Most of them don't make in a year what Paris carries around in her purse. Reading a book is not serious, in fact it's an insult. The arts are not to be taken lightly, if anyone could do it then everyone would be doing it. Now I don't know how many actors there are in L.A., but I can tell you something about how exclusive the entertainment industry is.

To be considered a working writer, you need to be a member of the Writers Guild. That means you've sold something to a production company that negotiated the current contract under which writers do their work with the Guild; it's cred, you've been there and done it. To give you an idea, there are only about 11 thousand people in the Writers Guild today, and something like fewer than one-third of them are currently employed. There are only 100 screenplays that make it into production every year -- if that -- meaning there are thousands of people all fighting for the work of 100.

SAG has about ten times that number of people, making the club less exclusive but just means more people fighting for the top jobs. Since Paris isn't doing this for the money, then one would think she must be doing it for the love and passion. But if that were true, she wouldn't be reading a book she bought off Amazon.com about how to act, and would instead be taking the long hard road just like everybody else did. Hell, I'm sure she can afford as many personal tutors as she could ever want, but I don't see that happening right now either.

I doubt Paris has any movies lined up besides this next joker, The Hottie and the Nottie. This film has no big stars, a rookie writer, and an unimpressive director. This movie will bomb and Paris doesn't even know better than to run from crap like this, how can she expect to succeed at acting when she can't even get away from stinkers?

tags: , , ,
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.