TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

The Path to Lies


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

ABC/Disney's mocumentary "The Path to 9/11" is disgusting. The only thing within my power to stop it from airing is to speak out. I have never been afraid to speak for any reason. I have been kicked out of clans and removed from a board of directors for speaking, and it hasn't stopped me yet. My letter this morning will almost certainly be ignored, but I will write it anyway. I will speak my peace.
I have sent the following to ABC/Disney, via this page. It reads below.

I was born and raised in the great state of New York. Though I no longer live there, it was not "our country" or "our liberties and freedom" that was attacked on the day of September 11, 2001.

It was my home.

I am a screenwriter, so please believe me when I tell you that I know a work of fiction when I see it. "The Path to 9/11" is truly a path of misinformation that harms our country because it does not merely take creative license in things made clear, nor does it only invent things that did not take place. Your film depicts events that are known to never have occurred; things that directly contradict the very report upon which it is based.

What you are involved in today is not a partisan feud; there are many conservatives, from former members of the Bush administration to Fox News analysts and hosts that know that what you have done is wrong, and they are speaking out that you have the responsibility to re-shoot this film, or drop the pretension of being based on the 9/11 Commission Report.

We as film makers can respect differences in creative vision, and personal opinion amongst us, but we can never play games with the truth.

Sincerely,
Paul William Tenny
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Sep 9, 2006, 9:35:00 AM
I haven't seen the promotions for The Path to 9/11, so I can't really comment. How about writing another entry showcasing exactly what you feel is wrong with it, as well as the inaccuracies. You could even do another one for the actual show when it airs.

Personally, trying to turn a profit on something like 9/11 disgusts me. For historical purposes I can understand, but as you say, this should be regarded as fiction.


Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.