TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

"I'm Gone" - J. Michael Straczynski


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

Looks like Joe Straczynski is on the verge of being run out of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated by yet another obessive-compulsive troll. Sickophants forced Joe to take a leave from the unmoderated version of this newsgroup years ago, and the moderated group is the only thing that brought him back. Now, due to the haphazard way moderated newsgroup works, it's happening again.
Readers of this newsgroup have noted, and asked about, the reason why
my postings here have been on the steady decline for some months now.

The reason is that I have been reading, and thus replying, less than
before, because it seems that nearly every thread have a posting by an
individual who has dedicated himself to the task of insulting me on a
constant basis, on a personal and professional basis. This nearly
pathological obsession has manifested itself as, for lack of a better
term, the death of a thousand papercuts. Each post is, on its own, as
irrelevant and unimportant as he is, but in the aggregate becomes a
constant note of insult. He remains in this group not to participate
in the discussion, but to find some way to work an insult or derogatory
comment about me at every possible opportunity. He is, for lack of a
better term, going out of his way to shit on me in a place where he
knows I have to read it...because that is his goal, to insult me where
he knows that I hang out...because he's too much of a coward to do it
to my face.
This is one of the reasons that people who are known don't come to places like the Usenet. There will always be someone out there who can't stand the fact that someone is more popular than they are, and it doesn't matter if it's by a little or a lot. Joe is one of the big reasons I got into writing. I learned so much not just about writing, but about running shows and how to do things the right way (in many things). His book on the subject is worth it's weight in authoritative as far am I'm concerned.

There are very few places you can go to shoot the shit and still get a lesson in how the pros do things, and if this is let stand, there will be one fewer. Harper: do the world a favor, and go jump off a cliff.
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.