TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

Sleeping In The Light


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

I can't think of anything to post tonight, other than political stuff, so I'll save you the suffering and just post an excerpt from my latest spec script for Stargate Atlantis, called Exile.

INT. EMPTY SLEEPING QUARTERS - NIGHT

The room is bland at best. A bed, some stored crates of
equipment and supplies.

MCKAY
Well, here we are. Good night.

JARED
I love what you've done with the
place.

MCKAY
Yes, well, we have a lot of people
here and we couldn't exactly fit a
three story condo through the
Stargate now could we.

Jared gives McKay a look that says he didn't appreciate the
sarcasm.

MCKAY (CONT'D)
Right then. You just uh, hollar if
you need anything, and
(looking around)
I'm sure somebody will eh, you
know, yeah. Night then.

McKay turns quicker this time to get to sleep himself, but
he's held up yet again.

JARED
Of all the people that could have
found their way here, I hardly
expected such primitives would have
been the first.

That hook got McKay good.

MCKAY
Now wait a minute, what do you mean
-who are you calling primitive?

JARED
Have a lot of cities capable of
interstellar travel laying about,
do you?

MCKAY
We're making progress.

Beat.

MCKAY (CONT'D)
No.

JARED
I thought not.

MCKAY
If you guys were so big and bad
then how come you got your butts
whipped by the Wraith?

McKay strikes a chord of his own now. Jared doesn't answer.

MCKAY (CONT'D)
You're different. I don't know what
it is, but--

JARED
It digs at you from the inside out,
scraping and picking at your brain.

MCKAY
Yeah.

JARED
We're all different.

MCKAY
That's not what I meant.

JARED
Isn't it?

MCKAY
I've met an Ancient before, and she
wasn't anything like you. I'm going
to figure it out.

JARED
You already have Mr. McKay. You
simply refuse to accept it.
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.