TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

It's in the bag...or not.


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

Sorting through ones own unfinished work can be a very humbling experience. Here's a list of some of the things I have in my writing directory, no small indication of just how monolithic I can be.

A New Terror
A story that I haven't seen or worked on in so long that I can't even remember if it was supposed to be a short story, a normal length story, or a book. I have no clue what it was even supposed to be about, only that it starts off in Turkey. It's also terrible.

Black Mailbox
This would have been the screenplay I was going to submit to Project Greenlight for it's fourth contest. Greenlight appears dead, but maybe someday I can do this one anyway. It's perfect for an indy venture because the locations are few and generic, it only needs a very small cast of unknowns, and is just plain cool. The Log Line I have written down is: A young group of film makers descend on Rachel Nevada to document the myths and realities surrounding Area 51.

I would love to collaborate with Glenn Campbell on this. His personal experiences and insight would enrich the story so much more than without him.

Desperation
A five page first draft, two different outlines, and a bunch of notes comprise this screenplay set in Antarctica, where company called Commercial Expeditions has setup what amounts to a very weather hardened office building where government scientists and private sector researchers can share their resources to explore the Antarctic.

Originally, this was going to be a bit of a mystery, where very strange things start happening to a select group of people. All contact with communications satellites are lost, another research outpost a few miles away literally disappears, only to reappear abandoned, looking as if it were 300 years old. For some reason, I deviated from that theme and gravitated toward a haphazard collection of events that would cause these people to fight tooth and nail for their lives in one of the harshest climates in the world. I still may go either way.

Faith Eternal
This is one of those ideas I tend to come up with about five minutes before I'm about to hit the sack. The name sounded cool but is definitely one of those "I'm so tired any deep-sounding name will do." This is a book set in the future where Scientology is in a state of war with two or three of the worlds other major religions, and I do mean war. Not really sure what to do with the Atheists. I had already written that they had kind of begun to separate from the religious people in intelligence over a period of time, right up to the point where they decided to just leave the Earth rather than continue living with the hell the various religious wars had created. I think it's kind of a neat idea, but books are huge projects so I don't know if anything will ever happen with that.

The Borg Chronicles
This is going to be an anthology of short stories that explore the Borg of the Star Trek universe, from where it call began and where it will all end. This is already started, and what writer doesn't want to do a Trek story anyway?

Stargate Atlantis: Remnants
First of a four episode arc, it's already 40+ pages, and these things top out at around 48. I need to delete the entire third act and make a new one. I already have the next episode planned out, if I could just get unstuck from this one, I could have that one done in a week.

Stargate SG1: Reflections
A full synopsis is already done. Here is the log line: Daniel and the people of Stargate Command question the future and reflect on their collective journeys. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about that log line, it's going to be a fantastic story.

American Disillusion
Another book, plotting out the chapters and themes right now. There are already about 8 chapter ideas ready to go.

None of this is counting the screenplay I just started for the Writers Digest contest last night, so that's another thing in the pipe.

And it's no wonder none of that is getting done. Since this weblog started, I've had 53 posts which at best guess are averaging somewhere around 1200 words each. That's 63,000 words, almost a third of a book right there in 43 days. Of course that's actually really slow, if I were dedicating all my writing time to a single book, I would be looking for something closer to 2000 words per day. Oh well. On to the next thing.

Technorati tags:
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

May 7, 2006, 12:38:00 AM
...So glad I'm not the only one. Most of mine is hand written and some of it is 20 years old.


Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.