TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

First Republicans Want To Lynch Journalists, Now It's Comedians


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

I wish I could have seen Stephen Colbert's act that everybody is talking about, it really sounds like he was on top of his game, and thank God for the conservative baboons in the White House that just keep providing the world with material to parody over and over again.

Unfortunately, the only thing I seem to be hearing is conservative fanboys crying about how mean it was. These people really just don't have any sense of humor at all. "Yes, I know, a Lib will say I'm just expressing sour grapes because of the embarrassment Colbert presented for President Bush. But I am really being quite serious." says this guy in the hilarious category of media bias. One only need notice the lack of any mention of the merger between the White House and FOX News to understand that this person is the atypical pick-and-choose conservative. We know you are being completely serious, that's why the "funny" flew right over your head.

Click the title to read the rest.South Park steam rolled Al Gore last week, and I thought it was hysterical, and you will not find a bigger supporter of the man than I am anywhere in the state of North Carolina. The conservatives problem with Colbert is that he was hitting just a little too close to home. In case they haven't noticed, that's the entire point of a joke. You don't make fun of GWB by mocking how he speaks, that's a 10-year-old's joke. That's amateur hour. Real jokes and bits are funny because they mock someone, and if they don't piss somebody off, they aren't jokes.

"I would have been embarassed if someone did that to Clinton at one of his dinners" this sad diatribe continues. Yes, I'm sure you would. I would be pretty embarrassed if I spelled like that too. But it also shows pretty clearly that you have no sense of humor, much like your friends. I've laughed like hell at every parody of Clinton I've ever seen, and he's the best President this country has ever had. Him getting slapped in the face by Hillary with his pants down in that Jib Jab parody? Priceless.

Our right-wing friend continues to bore us with "But idiots like this clown at the link have no sense of class or appropriateness." Oh please, he's a damn comedian. Good comedians have no class whatsoever; that the joke is inappropriate is often what makes it funny in the first place. If every joke was prim, proper, and appropriate, they wouldn't be funny at all. It would be that sad dry humor where a cigar explodes. Come to think of it, that would be pretty funny to see happen to Bush, but given his propensity for choking on things he puts in his mouth, it may not be safe. (See what I did there? I made a joke.)

So with that properly dissected and dispatched, I will move on to the biggest joke of the entire day.

"It's why, if given the chance, they'd run this great country right into the ground. They are not intelligent, insightful, or mature enough to be trusted with anything."

Now that's what I call a good joke, that one had me laughing for five minutes straight. Because this fella thinks that Colbert isn't funny, it means Democrats would ruin his perfectly hate-filled little country. I'm sorry good buddy, but your retarded King already did that, and now, as usual, it's up to the mature and responsible people in our country to step up and make things better. Where I'm from, we don't consider people who spend more money than they have to be intelligent (read: biggest, deficit, ever) when they do it with the gusto of a serial killer, nor do we look particularly well upon Presidents who lie to the American people in order to start unjust wars.

This do-nothing Republican Congress and White House have already run this country into the ground, son, and now it's time for a changing of the guard to put this country back on the right track, because there is a better way. (Because God loves a corny tagline)

Technorati tags: , , ,
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Apr 30, 2006, 9:39:00 PM
Colbert told the press to lay of the prez, and that's exactly what they did!


May 1, 2006, 5:49:00 AM
Click on my name to see the entire Colbert video in three parts on youtube.com.


Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.