TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

The Discovery/cue11 song has been freed.


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

A lot of people really enjoyed the song that cue11 did for the Discovery channels Deadliest Catch/I Shouldn't Be Alive commercial, and hit the web and the Discovery forums trying to find out what the song was. Cue11 -- a company that makes commercials -- did the music with an 18 year old girl named Amanda, and it only existed as a short snippet just for that commercial. People got all hopped on on the Discovery forums, got noticed, and Discovery asked cue11 to go a head and create a full length version of the song, which they indicated would be released to the public within weeks.

It's been a month, and I hit up the thread on their forums that I had bookmarked to see if any progress had been made. Some people noticed that the full song was now indeed available to listen to on the cue11 site, but only via streaming, and Discovery didn't have it yet. Many of the people confessed they were at an utter loss as to how to download the song, and all they could manage was to rip it. Well, shame on them, because I figured it out in less than 60 seconds.

Analogx makes a pretty cool packet sniffer called PacketMon, which is just enough to get the job done most of the time without being overly complicated. I loaded it up, and then opened the streaming applet to find out what it was doing. The streaming app was a shockwave/flash object, which loaded an XML file that contained everything you need.


So just append that URL to their domain and you get the song. Right click here and click "Save As" or "Save Link As", to save the song.

Here are the lyrics as I understood them:

I am a child who waits for you here
While counting the lost and the (one?)
Staring through a window that's telling me lies
Finding my way to the sun
To dream, with you in my arms
My tears, soaked into the ground
With love, the only thing that I found

Only time can turn, against us
Times without you I am worthless
Its too far to reach beyond the dusk
So I run to you

Deep underwater I hold my breath
And long for you to come home
Are you the shadow I see on the wall
When the light no longer burns in the room
Your voice, whispers in my ear
A touch, (when?) your head is clear with love

Only time can turn, against us
Times without you I am worthless
Its too far to reach beyond the dusk
So I run to you, so I run to you

Only time can turn, against us
'Cause without you I am helpless
Its too far to reach beyond the dusk
So I run to you, so I run to you.


Technorati tags: , , , , ,
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Apr 18, 2006, 6:16:00 PM
http://cue11.com/media/PMDCEB/PMDCEB0004%20%20Run%20To%20You%20Inst.mp3

Instrumental Version if you didn't have it


Apr 26, 2006, 4:35:00 PM
Discovery Channel finally put the lyrics and place to download the song from on their website. Here's the link

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/podcast/runtoyou.html


May 20, 2006, 10:03:00 PM
Thank You...from a lot of fans...this song sounds great!!I'd like to hear more style of this music from teh same singer...hope she has gone solo or plans to.


Aug 6, 2006, 5:07:00 PM
Lyric fix:

A touch from you hand is clear, with love


Aug 6, 2006, 5:07:00 PM
*your


Apr 4, 2007, 1:58:00 AM
Can You Please explain is steps how to do this

sorry but im not very computer savy


Apr 4, 2007, 2:08:00 AM
Of course, right click with your mouse on this link, and select "Save As" or "Save Link As", whichever you see. A window will open asking you where to save the file, which will be an MP3 of the song. Save it anywhere you like.


Apr 27, 2009, 12:19:00 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.