TV & Film Magazine
Update: July 17, 2007

Thanks for visiting this site, but it is no longer being updated. I've moved on over to http://www.mediapundit.net/ and I invite you to join me over there from now on. Thanks for your understanding.

Not Ready To Make Nice


  -  Digg!Submit to NetscapeBookmark at del.icio.usreddit

...is the title of a new Dixie Chicks song, which you can hear for free by hitting their website. Two quick things here, I found this on AMERICAblog which is someplace I've been going to a lot lately. It's liberal, no doubt about that, and the people over there are really blunt. Sometimes it pays not to be so blunt, because it can cause people to dismiss you outright without ever hearing what you have to say. I have no intention of just whoring other peoples blogs on mine, but this is an exception. They found it, they deserve kudos. Also, I want to point out that I'm not a fan of the Dixie Chicks or country music, but this worth hearing.

Those things aside, the song has resonant tones with the things going on in the world. People getting death threats just for speaking their mind, intolerance of people because they are different, things like that. Just five or six years ago I see myself thinking how great it is to live in this country where people are more enlightened than that. Sure, the fight against civil rights in this country was a black eye, but we survived it. We're a better country because of the fight to transcend senseless bigotry. And now it's all back again.

I think what a lot of people don't get is that these specific issues of sexual preference, creed, politics, race, and whatnot are not the true problems we have to overcome. It's hate that we have to overcome. It doesn't really matter why you hate someone, it's that you hate them at all. No good has ever come from hating another person.

I disagree with bigots and racists and stupid people, and I try very hard not to hate them for it. When you throw hate out of the room, you're letting rational thought back in, and rational thought can take care of its self.
Like this post? Subscribe to RSS, or get daily emails:

Got something to say? Post a Comment. Got a question or a tip? Send it to me. If all else fails, you can return to the home page.


Recent Posts
Subscribe to RSS Feed Add to Google
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add to Bloglines
Archives
Links
Powered by Blogger
Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The text of this article is Copyright © 2006,2007 Paul William Tenny. All rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Attribution by: full name and original URL. Comments are copyrighted by their authors and are not subject to the Creative Commons license of the article itself.